Are you interested in commissioning some new music? It's easier than you think. If you want to read a good comprehensive guide to commissioning, visit New Music USA's Guide to Commissioning Music. But it really boils down to starting a conversation. Here are some questions to ask yourself beforehand:
- Which composers or pieces do you like? What do you like about the music?
- Do you enjoy choral music? Instrumental music? A bit of both?
- What's the purpose of your interest? To remember or celebrate someone or something? Or do you just want to support the creation of some new music? (Which, by the way, is totally fine!)
And some questions or comments to share with the composer (and maybe, in this case, me!):
- I have this ensemble in mind. Have you written for those voices/instruments before?
- I want/need the piece to be a certain length.
- How much will the piece cost?
- How long will it take?
- I'll want/need the piece by a certain date.
If you're interested in commissioning me, go ahead and fill out the form below and I'll get back to you asap!